Australian Full Stack Java Developers – Health Informatics – Virtual Role
FlatMapIT.com is looking for talented developers with knowledge and experience developing applications with Java, and a determination to develop their skills as a full-stack developer and inventor. Successful applicants will join a global team to design and implement innovative clinical health informatics systems for a US-based client.
The Java developers we recruit will have exceptional talent, teamwork skills, and an open-source community commitment to help define and implement the cutting edge for primarily US-based national research data sharing platforms. Prior experience in health informatics is not required for this position.
FlatMap IT (FlatMapIT.com) was established in 2015. We are a Sydney-based software development and consulting company with clients in the United States and Australia that span a broad range of industries.
You will be responsible for…
- Developing and refining innovative platforms for nation-scale, open-source biomedical discovery used throughout major academic medical centers in the U.S.
- Contributing to many development and infrastructure projects for US-based medical research organizations
Ideal candidates could be early-career or senior developers who enjoy working in a highly collaborative environment on rewarding, standard-setting, open-source software development projects. Applicants should have an interest in learning a variety of languages, technologies, and problem domains.
This job will primarily be virtual and will often require flexible working hours to facilitate communication with people in Australia and the United States as required. You must have your own safe and practical office environment and reliable broadband. FlatMap IT will provide computer and security equipment, and an allowance to support mobile phone and Internet costs.
Successful applicants are encouraged to maintain a current passport and up-to-date vaccination status that permits short trips to clinical settings in the United States of America (once safe and feasible).
We look forward to talking with interested developers who can demonstrate many of the following skills and experiences…
- Bachelors or master’s degree in computer science, or equivalent industry experience
- Java web frameworks and web services development
- Linux, Terraform, Docker and Kubernetes with Amazon Web Services
- Security, encryption, SAML, OAuth & OpenID Connect
- Non-Java languages and frameworks
- iOS and Android app development
- Contemporary project delivery methodologies like Scrum and lean
- Customer interaction for problem solving or requirements gathering
- Technical, user and design documentation
If you have samples of your work available in GitHub etc., please include a link.
FlatMap IT will provide consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status or disability.
Contact [email protected] with your application or enquiry.